Friday, February 18, 2011

A Muse, Me.


Aoede
Listen, do I
Pale blue song to fruit
Intoxicating citrus, orchestra orchard
Rotten apple of my eye

Clio
Wind whispers from yesteryear
Failures and flights, blights
To warning sign creator
Danger: Paths Ahead

Callipoe
Soft embrace of pen
Elegant, bleeding red ink
Educate, assimilate emotion
Lines, texts and weights

Erato
Canadian goose
Chest sinks with splendor
You’ve my heart in noose
I, the grateful lender

Polyhymnia
Hypnotic hypocrite
Blind indoctrination to youth
Index appendage pointed at mirror
See through crusade canon myth

Thalia
Jester half
Cynical side split
For knife, or for laugh?
Rousing applause

Melpomene
Black Dahlia
Death gowned reaper in mind
Lay with I
Stare the abyss, Eye stare back

Urania
Miss Understood
Understudy, understands
Zephyrs blow your seashell
Quietly into my abode

Terpischore
Interpretive, fool of beauty
Permeating ballet on ventricle
Swan Mistake
Pirouette á la secondé, grandé
Finalé!

Euterpe
Aoede’s abortion
Auditory atrocity for modern year
Populace vote, lost peers
Pierced Van Gogh ears

Cut it off.
…listen

No comments:

Post a Comment